Call for Film/Media Studies Program Student Grants
The Film/Media Studies program is accepting proposals for independent student projects undertaken outside the classroom and requiring financial support. These projects may range from travel and fees connected to attendance at conferences or workshops; to the production of films or other media work; to any endeavors related to the pursuit of more knowledge and/or experience in the study and practice of film/media practice, exhibition, history, criticism, etc. Preference will be given to FMS majors and minors.
Requests for projects planned for Summer 2018 must be submitted by the end of the day on April 20th. Proposals for Fall 2018 will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please submit the following, written up in a PDF document and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Your name and the timeline of your project (when will work begin, when will it be completed).
2. A 75 word description of what you want to do. Please be as specific as possible, and include information about where the work will take place; how it relates to your interest in film/media studies; and what role you will play in the work involved.
3. Provide an itemized budget (a list of all expenses related to the project, and the total amount you are requesting).
4. Indicate if you are seeking or have secured any other funding to support the project.
5. Include the reference name of a faculty member with whom you have discussed this work and who can speak on your behalf (a letter is not required).