The Film and Video Arts Department at Lycoming College is pleased to announce the 11th year of our Student Film and Video Festival.
The deadline for submissions is May 1st, 2018 by midnight.
The screening will take place in October, 2018 at the AMC Movie Theater, downtown, Williamsport, PA (exact date confirmation will be sent).
Eligibility and Submission Criteria
- Films must have been made by an undergraduate student(s) at any Pennsylvania school enrolled during the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Categories: Narrative, Documentary, Experimental (includes music videos), and Animation. Awards will be given to the best film in each category. The Tom Woodruff Jr. Grand Jury Prize will be awarded to the best submission by a Lycoming College student. All other category awards are open to any student enrolled in a Pennsylvania college or university.
- Run time: 12 minutes or less
- Work must have been completed within the last two academic years
- Acceptable preview format: Playable link (please include necessary passwords)
- Accepted films submission format: Downloadable Quicktime files (see below)
- Each student may submit up to two works
- All music used must have copyright permissions
- There is no submission fee
- Submissions from previous years are not accepted
Please send the following information to Peterson@lycoming.edu Please include all information in the body of your email, not as an attachment.
- Personal information: Name, phone number, mailing address, email, school, year of study, major field of study.
- Film information: Title, director, year of completion, run time, category, and film synopsis between 50-100 words. Please include this information in the body of your email, not as an attachment. Please attach a film still and a headshot (jpegs no greater than 2MB)
- Email Subject Line: “Student submission to the Lycoming College Film and Video Festival”
- When submitting your file: Playable links are required for submission. Should your film be accepted, be prepared to make your file downloadable on Vimeo or share your file via Dropbox, www.wetransfer.com, or googledrive. Do not send your film as an attachment.